Forums \ Street Legal Series \ Work In Progress Mods \ 2.3.1 Advanced Engine Tuning [update Project Changed]
Project moving in new direction that is confirmed to be working without breaking bot opponents in 2.3.1
You can find the new project for my sandbox engines with more tuning options If you CLICK ME
This post was edited by Krimzon (2017-04-28 20:43, 2 days ago)
Cool stuff! Keep the good work!
Just finished adding valve diameters for cylinder heads and was able to get lift and duration added for camshafts but, since I'm still learning, these do not have a default button for resetting.
Edit: Thank you for the support Gorgoil.
Just found out that v0.2 is crashing the city during the day, night seems to work just fine until you participate in race.
Must be the bot racers.
Anyone have any idea's on this?
This post was edited by Krimzon (2017-04-08 05:42, 3 weeks ago)
Every time you create or edit something in this size you must create a new career to make valo randomize everything with new sources.
And about n2o min/max RPM has Raxat fixed that because original game got that feature but doesn't work
Every time I added a new tuning dialog I would have to start a new career or sell all engines or it would crash because it expects to read the float values from the save but they aren't there if the mod wasn't either, so long story short I've used a new career after each addition.
You do bring up a valid point though, I think Raxat changed something in the way the opponent bots are first generated.
I may have read something about how they are no longer generated on a new career every time, just the first time you run the game.
Which would also explain why I'm not seeing bots with the EJ2, no matter how many new careers i make, even though I scripted the vt for it.
If this is the case then one other option is to sandbox an i4 engine and make the tuning options completely standalone similar to somethin like camber and toe for mr. sirs gear or the offset on rims, since these are built like addons they don't affect the bots, I've already sandboxed a copy of the ishibox block and if I have to do it that way it'll be a lot of work but would still be worth it.
I may try to find an engine mod with java's first just to test if its possible, if so I'll work on a sandboxed copy of the ishibox.
Another, hopefully more possible, option would be to try to reverse and rollback Raxats changes to the bot generation. Maybe there's a file that can be deleted to force a new generation?
As for the n2o,
I'm not sure if the min-max rpm for nos is working I can still run on test track so I could always set the min for a high rpm and max about 1000 away and see if it really is doing anything.
Yes it's possible to make it on a standalone mod, you just need to create a new main java for the parts are going to be adjustable! it's a bit complex but it works!
It might be easier to force the database to regenerate but I'd have to find the code that makes it generate in the first place and try to implement it to regen on new career.
Added 14 hours later:
This project has moved in a different direction due to changes in 2.3.1.
I have now sandboxed all the i4 engines and parts as a standalone mod and will be adding the tuning options to every capable part individually.
This method bypassed the issue of the game crashing when bots were loaded.
At the moment I have applied the bore and deck height to one sandboxed engine block to work out the details and have successfully completed that task.
Took a bit more time as I had to also import Idle and Redline sliders and debug getting the warnings to show but I have worked that out and will add tuning to the rest of the blocks.
The good part about this is I can set ranges per engine and can define defaults per part.
This might take some time and I'll start a new thread once I finish the sandbox i4 pack, after that I'll work on i6, then v6 and v8.
This post was edited by Krimzon (2017-04-09 10:00, 3 weeks ago)
Quick update - tuning sliders are complete except I haven't done cams just yet but will soon. then I'll dial in values and get feedback, also I've got to try and work out a bug that rarely happens and is easily worked around but is still inconvenient when it does happen.